Google

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Basisexamen Inburgering

Basisexamen Inburgering or Civic Integration Exam is a language and society exam for people who are planning to stay and live for good in Netherlands. People who are applying for MVV should take this exam. This rule was effective last March of 2006. People who are 16-65 years old should complete and pass the said exam in the country of residence. The examination is given orally by a computer system at the Royal Dutch Embassy and you have to pay 350 Euros.

I had took the exam last December 2007 in Royal Netherlands Emabassy in Makati, Philippines.. With the help of my hubby on teaching me dutch and my will to be able to pass the said Exam, I did it! I was so happy that time.

The night before i took the exam, i was crying, because i was so afraid that i may fail in the exam. I can't take that people who are believing on me will be sad if i won't pass it; but luckily..hehe i did it.
Eric was so proud, so as my parents and his parents and family.
Ill gonna share my study guides on my next post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Congratulations!I am happy for you. I know how difficult the test might have been for you especially if you are not living and practicing the language with someone who speaks it.I did the exam a couple of years ago too but in my case, I was already living for 1 year in Holland.

I am married to a dutch man too and have lived there a bit more than 4 years.We are now living in Asia but if you have questions...don't hesitate to ask.

When are you ging there?

Karlita said...

Hello Jenny, I read your story and I felt inspired. My boyfriend is also Ducth and I need to do the exam. I would like to know for how long did you prepare yourself for the test? Did you already had some knowledge of the language? I already started to study but I would like to have an idea of how long will it take.

Thanks!
karpao3@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny congratulations!
You're right studying Netherlands language is very difficult...i feel the same way now before you get exam, i want to be sure that I can pass the exam because I don't want to disappoint my husband, he really trust me that i can do it and pass the exam but I'm still confused if I can... please help me i need your help one of these days i'm going to get exam my husband pay already.

hoping for your help!
lea