- After marriage, wait for the Marriage Certificate from NSO (National Statistics Office). In my case, it took 21 working days before I got it.
- Go to DFA main office in Authentication Department for the Red Ribbon. I suggest you to authenticate 2 Marriage contracts and 1 Birth Certificate. It will take 5 working days before you will get your papers back.
- Go to the Netherlands Embassy or Cebu consulate for the Legalization of papers. Check in Netherlands Embassy website for the payment. It is on the Tarrif Section. It will take 5 working days.
- When you got the papers, send it to your husband/wife in Netherlands for the Gemeente (City hall) Registration. It will take 8 weeks to be fully registered because Gemeente will send it to IND and the Politie (police) and check if the marriage is real. They will make some few investigations.
- Take the Basis Examen in Netherlands Embassy Manila. (Click the Home to see about the Exam and procedures).
- You can apply right away your MVV in the Netherlands Embassy Manila and it wil take 3 months before the result.
- OR you can file advice in IND for more secure result. It is a free paper checking and you will get result after 4-5 weeks. If it is a positive advice, you can get your MVV after 5 days or 14 days if you will take D+C visa.
Hope this clears your questions. Goodluck! Just leave me a message for more questions or read my other posts.