Google

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Homesick, how to cope up with it?

Everybody of us feels that everytime we are away from the place and people we used to lived with. The feeling of longing is often accompanied by anxiety and depression. This might occur from mild to severe.

Living in different place is so new to me. I feel sad everytime I remember my family and my country. I wanted to cry and cry. I'm not used of being away from them. I choosed this path of my life and I have to deal with it.

We always ask how to cope up with it. I know it is so hard. I found this one over the internet. Hope it will help you all who are experiencing Homesick and will be experiencing it soon.

Once separated from home, children and adults report that the most effective ways of coping include:

  • Keeping a positive attitude
  • Maintaining contact with home, through letters (traditional or electronic)
  • Activity
  • Communication
  • Enjoying what's different about the novel environment
  • Bringing a "transitional object" (something special from home)

No comments: